This Warm Kale Salad with Curry is perfect for Fall. It tastes and feels like comfort food while still being light and nutritious. It’s perfect for those chill Autumn nights when you’re curled up under a blanket watching Hulu.
One of the reasons I love cooking with curry, other than it being delicious, is that it has a ton of health benefits. Organic Facts says that it can reduce the possibility of getting Alzheimer’s, can help reduce blood pressure, and can help you fight off bacterial infections! That’s one powerful spice!
- 1 box rotini, cooked al dente
- 2 packs thick cut bacon
- 1/4 cup diced green peppers, sauteed
- 1/4 cup diced red peppers, sauteed
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut 1 pack of bacon in half. Layer the halves over the bottom of muffin pan cups. Wrap full slices of bacon around the cups. Secure with toothpick if necessary. Bake for 30 minutes (or until bacon is fully cooked).
- Melt butter in the same pot you cooked the pasta in.
- Add flour slowly and mix with a whisk over medium heat until it gets darker.
- Slowly add the milk and whisk constantly for about 5 minutes until it starts to bubble.
- Add in the sautéed green peppers and red peppers.
- Remove the pot from the eye and whisk in the cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- After the cheese is melted, add in the pasta and mix it together.
- Fill bacon cups with the macaroni and cheese mixture and enjoy!
- Optional: top with peppers and broil until darkened on top.