This zucchini and eggplant recipe is another one that’s perfect for this time of year! I got the idea from one of my favorite meals at Trader Joe’s. Its a warm, feel good dish that you don’t have to feel guilty about! Not to mention, its super easy to make!
- Mi Tienda Tamales (I suggest the cheese or chicken ones)
- Mi Tienda Pollo con Chille Verde
- 1 can H-E-B Charro beans
- 1 pack H-E-B Mexican Blend cheese
- 1/4 cup Texas Pure Flour (I used bread flower, but all purpose will work too)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- Sour Cream (for topping)
- Green onions (for topping)
- I took the peppers and onions and sauteed them in a dutch oven. Then I added in the chicken and gave it a stir. I covered the pot and stirred the chicken occasionally until it was done. After it was finished, I removed the chicken and made a gravy out of the juices. To do that, I just melted some butter in the pot, then slowly whisked in the flour. Once all the flour was added, I slowly whisked in the juices from the chicken mixture. Cook it until it boils, then lower the temperature. Then I mixed the chicken back in and poured the mixture into a baking dish. I topped it with some HEB Borracho beans and then threw in some HEB mexican cheese. This is when things got ridiculous. I added some Mi Tienda Tamales on top and finished it off with some more cheese. I baked it in the oven until the cheese got a nice brown color to it.
- I topped it with sour cream and green onions for color and extra flavor.