Congratulations on making it to week two of 2016! Yay us! If you’re like me, one of your resolutions is to Get In Shape! We’re
sexy cliche and we know it. We are all different shapes and sizes, and have different ideas of what “in shape” means. While I am looking to lose weight/avoid getting common diseases like diabetes, you may be looking to gain weight or build muscle!
Regardless of our differences in goals, we can all use a little help to keep us going and stay motivated throughout the year! It can be a little scary to get back into the swing of things, but this year we are all going to #DefineBrave and reach our goals!!
Before we get to the tips, I would like us to all try something new. In the comments below, tell me what your health goals are and why you chose them! Then, be sure to pin this post so a few months down the line, when you need a little push, you can come back and remind yourself why you started this in the first place. Now for the tips to help you along the way!
- Hike a different trail every week. This will keep things fresh so you aren’t getting bored with your hikes. Be sure to look up and around during your hikes, really take in the beautiful nature that is around you. Also, make sure to bring a buddy for safety. (Click here to see something cool that I would have missed if I were on my phone during my recent hike, instead of embracing the great outdoors)
- Move to the front row of your favorite fitness class. I am TOTALLY that girl that will stand in the back of the class, no matter how many times I’ve been. Why don’t we try standing at the front from now on? Not only will it push us to work out harder, but it will give us a better view of the instructor! Oh, and don’t worry: ain’t nobody looking at you, we’re all staring at ourselves.
- Stay healthy from the inside-out and get your routine checkups! This is an important step that I sometimes forget about. Make sure you are getting those checkups because being healthy on the inside is just as important as the outside. Plus, who doesn’t want the piece of mind of knowing that everything is A-okay?
- Find an accountability partner to send workout selfies to. Let’s face it, no one takes pics of us like WE take pics of us. We live in the day of the selfie, so partner up with a friend who can keep you going via picture! I like to use Snapchat for this one so that my friends aren’t holding on to my sweaty pics for a future, devious TBT!
- Find a really tasty (and healthy) recipe to whip up. We all know that meal preps are SUPER helpful when it comes to reaching our goals. They save us time and keep us from snacking on unhealthy snacks! You can check out some of my awesome recipes, such as my Salmon and Artichoke Salad, in the Recipes link at the top of this page.
Those are some of my tips to help you reach your goals this year. I hope they help you keep going this year! Don’t forget to comment below to let me know what your health goals are and why you chose them, then pin this page for reference! I can’t wait to see what you are working towards, and how close you are to your goals in a few months!
P.S. Do you love the outfit I’m wearing in this post? Head over to Katie K Active and check out their new arrivals! They have sizes small-3x so you’re sure to find something perfect for you! Also, if you use my affiliate code ‘GINGER15’, you will receive 15% off of your order at checkout! That way, you can #DefineBrave in style!