I was asked by Carusele to participate in the #LaurasLean campaign, sponsored by LaurasLean. Although I have been compensated, all opinions are my own.
Have you ever had that little cheesy bread from those Brazilian restaurants? I’m OBSESSED! For the longest time I would go to eat there JUST so I could get my fix. Eventually, I realized how much money I was spending on bread and decided to figure out how to make it my own. I found this recipe online, and proceeded to make the bread every other week. One day I was sitting there thinking to myself “I wonder what other ways I can make this bread?
I thought about cooking it with rosemary to give it that herbal flavor. Then I played with the idea of topping it with jalapenos because I LOVE spicy food. Eventually I landed on making them resemble mini tacos. WINNER WINNER! I feel like moving to Texas has put tacos on the top of my mind at all times. I ain’t complainin’!
The one thing I needed to give it that good ol’ taco flavor, was some quality ground beef. I love Laura’s Lean Ground Beef because I never have to worry about added hormones or antibiotics in their products. Plus it’s just flat out delicious and perfect for recipes like this one! I get mine from Kroger, but you can find it at your local store by searching here.
Like with any taco recipe, I browned up the Laura’s Lean Ground Beef with a some diced onions. After cooked, I let it simmer in some organic taco sauce. I cooked it on super low until it was no longer liquidy, but still pretty moist.
While the ground beef was cooking, I blended up my batter for the bread. I greased a mini muffin pan with some ghee, which went perfectly with my meaty theme. I filled each cup about 3/4 of the way, then topped them with the meat. I threw them in the oven for 20 minutes then served them with some super thick sour cream and salsa.
They turned out DELICIOUS and honestly didn’t last long. My friend Kim was visiting me when I made them and helped me devour them. By the end, she just kept telling me how easy it looked and how shocked she was by it.
Easy Cheesy Taco Bread
- mini muffin pan
- 1 lb Laura's Lean 92% Ground Beef
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 pack organic taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups tapioca flour
- 2/3 cups parmesan
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- cooking spray, I love using ghee
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Brown ground beef and onions over medium-high heat until beef is cooked all the way through.
- While the beef is browning, throw all of the other ingredients (EXCEPT FOR THE TACO SEASONING) into a blender. Pulse until fully mixed.
- When beef is done, add taco seasoning and simmer until done. It should be moist but not wet.
- Spray the cooking spray over the mini baking pan, then fill cups 3/4 full. Top with taco mixture. Bake for 20 minutes until bread is lightly brown. Serve with sour cream.