Sour candy is one of my favorite indulgences. It was only natural that I eventually learn how to make them myself! I found a recipe online by Gemma and figured I would make it my own. I used NOW Monk Fruit instead of sugar, and agave instead of honey. Don’t worry, they’re still super sweet and more importantly, sour!
For this recipe, you can use fresh, frozen, or canned fruit. Whatever you have sitting around! I used frozen peaches and cherries that never made their way into the smoothies I told myself I was going to start eating this year. Candy seems like a much more fun way to use fruit anyways. lol.
Did you know you can easily make candy from home? Try these yummy, low-sugar sour gummies.
- 1 cup frozen fruit, defrosted
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Agave Nectar, Light & Organic
- 4 teaspoons Beef Gelatin Powder
- ½ cup Monk Fruit with Erythritol, Organic Powder
- 1-3 teaspoons Citric Acid*
- Blend fruit until smooth.
- In medium sauce pan over medium heat, add fruit, water, lemon juice, and agave nectar; whisk and let simmer.
- Once simmering, gradually add beef gelatin powder and bring back to simmer.
- Scoop off bubbles at top of sauce and remove from heat.
- Pour into heart-shaped gelatin molds (best to place molds on baking sheets for easy handling) and place molds in refrigerator for at least six hours to cool and firm.
- When ready, pop the gummies out of the mold.
- In a separate bowl, mix monk fruit powder with citric acid.
- Roll gummies in powder mixture and enjoy!
See notes for storing suggestions
* The more you add, the more sour your gummies will be. I like mine super sour and 3-4 tsp was perfect.
**Honestly, I dare you to have leftover gummies after making these. But if you do, you can store them in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 107Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 13mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 4g