Nothing says Christmas like baking cookies with your loved ones. This year, I joined a bunch of bloggers in baking up our favorite cookie recipes for The Sweetest Season. If you’re a fan of Nutella and things that are a little nutty, you’re going to love my Nutty Nutella Christmas Cookies!
Nutty Nutella Christmas Cookies
I’m in LOVE with Nutella, so much so that I can eat it straight out of the jar. So when I heard about The Sweetest Season cookie posts, I knew I had to include my favorite ingredient somehow!
The nice people over at Bob’s Red Mill sent me this wonderful bag of organic flour, which is unbleached! Of course, that was easily used in this tasty recipe!
It wouldn’t be a Christmas cookie recipe without some fun Christmas cookie cutters! You can find them anywhere, like Walmart or Michaels!
I know you will love this recipe! Plus, it’s fun to make because you get to get your hands covered with the cookie dough at one point (you’ve been warned).
- 2 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnuts (crushed)
- Preheat the over to 360.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the sugar, nutella, and the butter and beat with an electric mixer until combined. Add the vanilla and egg and beat for a minute or so until smooth.
- Add milk
- Sift in the flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder into the mixture, and stir until combined and forms a chocolately dough.
- Add walnuts.
- Roll into a ball and pop onto a parchment-lined tray.
- Put the cookies in the oven and bake for about10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Bon apetit!
What is your favorite thing to bake for the holidays? Let me know in the comments below!
If you like this recipe, save it for later on Pinterest!
I hope everyone has a fabulous holiday season! I’ll be sharing more tasty recipes before year’s end, and that’s a promise!
I received free product from Imperial Sugar, Dixie Crystals and Bob’s Red Mill as part of The Sweetest Season Cookie Exchange. As always, all opinions and recipe are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support The Ginger Marie Blog!