Egg muffins are one of my favorite things to meal prep for breakfasts throughout the week. They’re easy to make, take under 30 minutes, and are a great way to use up veggies and meats I would otherwise end up letting go bad.
For this week’s egg muffins, I used sausage links, red peppers, onions, and mushrooms.
Here are a bunch of pictures of me prepping the food, because people do that for whatever reason. I’m making them into a gallery in case you’re like me and don’t actually like having to scroll for 10 years to find the recipe. Buuut they’re still here in case you are more of a visual person.
Okay! Now that that’s over with, here’s the recipe! I throw these in the fridge to eat over the next 3 or 4 days. But you can also freeze them if you want them to last longer!
Sausage + Red Pepper Egg Muffins
Quick and easy meal prep breakfast recipe that you can freeze!
- 1/2 Sausage Link (the big ones), diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 4 mushrooms, diced
- Ghee spray, for skillet and pan
- 6 eggs, scrambled
- taco seasoning, I sprinkled a bit on the meat mixture while it was cooking
- crushed red pepper flakes, I sprinkled a bit on top on the muffins right before I baked them.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Throw all of the meat and veggies into a greased skillet. Cook on medium-high until the vegetables are soft.
- (OPTIONAL: Season with taco seasoning. Only a few sprinkles should do it.)
- Spray the muffin cups with ghee.
- Put a spoonful of the meat mixture into the muffin cups.
- Pour eggs in each muffin cup (about halfway full). Should cover most of the meat/veggies.
- (OPTIONAL: Sprinkle crushed red pepper flakes on top to spice things up.)
- Bake for about 15 minutes (or until eggs are firm and cooked all the way through).
- Let them sit for about 5 minutes at room temperature before transferring them to a container or bag for freezing.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
You might have a little bit of the meat mixture and the eggs left over. Go ahead and make yourself a scramble with those ingredients. If you’re like me, you’re probably hungry anyways.