Sooo tonight I accidentally threw together the most delicious, vegan, creamy spinach I’ve ever had! It was so good I had to share the recipe IMMEDIATELY!
Okay I’ll admit it’s not the most BEAUTIFUL fish, but trust me when I say it’s tastes AMAZING! Bonus – it was super easy to make!
I used vegan staples to make it creamy and cheesy! Nutritional yeast for the cheesyness and Forager Cashew Sour Cream for the, well…creaminess!
Vegan Creamy Spinach
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 Clove Elephant garlic Diced
- 1 Large bunch Spinach
- 1/4 Cup Nutritional yeast
- 1/2 Cup Vegan sour cream (I like Forager)
- 1 Tbsp Soy sauce
- Heat up olive oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Sauté onions until translucent, stirring frequently. Add garlic and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add spinach and stir until dwindled. Add soy sauce. Salt and pepper.
- Push spinach to side until nutritional yeast is mostly evaporated.
- Stir in nutritional yeast, then add sour cream. Stir until mixed well. Aaand you’re done! Enjoy!!
I liked my spinach served over a baked potato! If you like spicy food, you could also add some crushed red peppers to the recipe (around the same time you add the nutritional yeast).