This Warm Kale Salad with Curry is perfect for Fall. It tastes and feels like comfort food while still being light and nutritious. It’s perfect for those chill Autumn nights when you’re curled up under a blanket watching Hulu.
One of the reasons I love cooking with curry, other than it being delicious, is that it has a ton of health benefits. Organic Facts says that it can reduce the possibility of getting Alzheimer’s, can help reduce blood pressure, and can help you fight off bacterial infections! That’s one powerful spice!
- 10 ounces kale (chopped, that's one bag from Trader Joe's)
- 3 sweet potatoes (small, sliced)
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast (diced)
- 1 apple (diced)
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- Toss sweet potatoes in ollive oil, curry powder, cumin, and cinnamon oil.
- Bake sweet potatoes on 400 until tender (about 20 minutes).
- While waiting for sweet potatoes to cool, saute kale in 2 tbsp water until tender.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and toss salad.
- Bon apetit!